What is the TRL Social Club?
- TRL stands for Touch Rugby League and as a sport, has been played by over 200,000 people across Australia since its inception in 2005. For more information, please visit the TRL Australia website.
- The TRL Social Club is an exciting twist on our sport and is pitched at individuals that might not have enough for a team or are new to town looking to meet people.
- Three words encapsulate what we are about: Fun, Fitness and Social!
- Members are provided with 45 minutes of TRL each week at their nominated time and location; this 45 minutes consisting of one full game of TRL.
- We put you in a team: Yes that is right. We do all the hard work and assemble the teams each week. All you need to do is turn up.
- Consistency and Certainty: Same time, same place and same location each week!
- Social: The Social Club provides social games each week. Whilst you will be playing against other teams in a (semi) competitive environment, rest assured the emphasis is on social (and of course fun!).
- Payment is made via a direct debit model and is week to week. This makes participation affordable and flexible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions frequently asked by our members.
Disclaimer: Please note the answers to the following questions are subject to change. If you have any queries, please contact one of our friendly staff or visit our Terms and Conditions.
How much does it cost?
$11.90/Week which includes one 45 minute intensive session (per week).
How do I pay for TRL Social Club?
All payments are made via Ezidebit (Direct Debit). The weekly fee is debited in arrears (normally two days after your session).
You will need to nominate either your Bank Account or Credit Card to make payment. Payments are made securely through our online registration portal. Ezidebit have an impeccable reputation and are a global organisation.
We do not accept payment via any other means.
Can I pick my preferred time and day?
Yes! This is one of the great things about the Social Club. Rather than play random times (that can change considerably week to week in the traditional format) you nominate your time and day of the week and location which suits you. Same time, same place, same day … each week!
When can I join and how long does it run for?
You can join TRL Social Club anytime. The TRL Social Club is all year round except for a mandatory break between Christmas and New Year (see Terms and Conditions).
Are there Seasons?
Yes you will play against other teams in our social competitions. Seasons are 10 weeks long but typically run back to back throughout the year. If you sign up mid-season you will still be put into a team to play.
Are there referees?
Yes. All Sessions are professionally run and adjudicated by qualified TRL referees. You will have a dedicated Venue Manager organising the teams and ensuring the night runs smoothly.
Do I just turn up?
Yes. It will be clear where to go for your first game and then from there, you will report back the same time each week. The Social Club is dynamic and people can join anytime meaning there will always be new faces each week. Through our sophisticated online registration system we know in advance who to expect and can cater for this (resource wise) accordingly.
How many on the field?
Depends whether you will be playing in a Mens or Mixed division. 6 for Mens. 7 for Mixed.
Okay I am pretty keen but I would like to try it first – is that possible?
Yes you are welcome to a Free Trial but you must first contact Head Office to arrange. You will only be eligible for one Free Trial and this must be communicated ahead of time so we can arrange the Free Trial.
What if I don’t like it, can I cancel?
Yes – please review the Terms and Conditions.
What about social gatherings and nights out – is that part of the deal?
Absolutely. There will be a plethora of opportunities to socialise which will be organised by our Head Office team. Typically we will aim to put on an average of one Event each month. Being a member of the Social Club will also entitle you to specials and exclusive deals with both TRL and its associated partners.
What are my chances of falling in love with someone and meeting my life partner?
Approximately 63%…..in truth, we can’t answer this but TRL is the source of many a romance.
Do I get to meet Average Joe – can I hang out with him?
Joe is not as average as he once was as a result of his increased profile.